About This Episode
In this episode, Keith and Woody sit down with developer Darrel Miller to discuss Hypermedia and designing and developing software using Darrel's 7 R's of hypermedia.
Thanks To Our Sponsor
DevExpress products are built by developers for developers. We don’t believe in limitations or wasting anybody’s time. Our lightning-fast grid controls, slick reporting components and powerful IDE add-ins fill your development toolbox with an arsenal against repetitive tasks that erode productivity. Invest in your toolbox.
Thanks to our guest this episode
Darrel Miller is CTO at Tavis Software. Tavis Software is an ISV that targets a small vertical market in the world of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software. Darrel has been responsible for the architecture, design, development, deployment, support and maintenance of distributed business systems using ISAM databases, client/server databases, SOAP based services and most recently REST based systems. Darrel has been writing software professionally for 18 years. The last 4 years have been spent discovering the benefits of the REST. His particular focus is on the use of REST to develop non-browser based line-of-business applications. He is a Connected Systems Developer Microsoft MVP and a member of the Microsoft Web API advisory board.
Darrel can be found on Twitter at http://twitter.com/darrel_miller
Darrel’s blog can be found at http://www.bizcoder.com
Darrel’s 7 R's of hypermedia use:
· Relations – Links between related concepts
· Resources – Replace embedded resources
· Reference data – Data sources for drop downs, combos, picklists
· Restriction of functionality – Enabling and disabling features based on the presence of links
· Re-distribution of effort – Intelligent vertical partitioning of functionality across servers
· Reduction of payload size – Progressive download of details
· Re-flow of application – Where can the application go from here.
Subscribe To The ShowThere are three ways to subscribe to our show so you can stay current. We support standard RSS, subscriptions via the iTunes Store and we are also available in the Zune Market place. Chose your poison by clicking on your choice below.